When: Saturday 27 October 2012, assemble at 10:30am
Where: Meeting at the Bigg Market, Newcastle upon Tyne
On the 27 October we expect over a 1000 disabled people to again take to the streets of Newcastle as they did last year to show the coalition government the strength of feeling about the proposed cuts to benefits which threaten the independence of disabled people.
The march will be followed by the Hardest Hit North East rally with a number of high profile speakers including:
- Peter Bennetts RNIB representative from South Shields
- Catherine McKinnell, Shadow Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury and Newcastle North MP
- Pat Onions of the Pat’s Petition campaign
- Shona Alexander, Chief Executive of Newcastle Citizens Advice Bureau
- Mary Laver of the Save the Independent Living Fund Campaign
- Vera Baird QC, Labour candidate for Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner
- Sunderland disability campaigner Claire Parker to host the event for the Hardest Hit campaign
10:30am Assembling at Bigg Market
11:00am Marching from the Bigg Market to the Monument
11:30am Rally and speeches due to start at the Monument
For more information please contact the Hardest Hit North-East coalition.
Phone: 0191 234 5409